Trichotillomania - Australian Support Groups
Information correct 25/06/15
Unfortunately we do not have the resources to run or organise support groups, but we would love to hear from you if you know of any groups or services in your area that can help people who pull out their hair, pick their skin or suffer from any other body focused repetitive behaviour. Please contact us and we will build up a resource on this page of help available in Australia.
- Brisbane Trichotillomania Support Group (Australia) The meetings will be held at Brisbane Square Library, in the Community Meeting Room, 266 George St, Brisbane. The time is 3.30pm to 5.30 pm and dates are the 3rd Saturday of every month: August 15th; September 19th; October 17th; November 21st. Dates for next year will be arranged after September.
- Perth Trichotillomania Support Group 11am to 1pm. Future dates for the Perth Trichotillomania Group: July 5; August 2; September 6; October 4; November 1; December 6; January break; February 7; March 6; April 3; May 1; and June 5. The Uniting Church in the City (UCIC), 97 Williams St. City of Perth. Boardroom. Enter through the front door, take the lift to the first floor, cross the walkway, the boardroom is on the right.
- Adelaide Trichotillomania Support Group (South Australia) First monthly meeting 11am to 1pm on 30th May. 11am-1pm Saturdays, 4th week of each month at The North Adelaide Community centre and library. Enter through the library; it opens at 11am so just wait outside if you are early. The building is adjacent to the post office on Tynte St. No cost.
- Perth Trichotillomania and Dermatillomania Support Group First monthly meeting 11am to 1pm on 6th June. City of Vincent, Library and Local History Centre, in the interview room. Street address: 244 Vincent Street (corner of Loftus Street), Leederville, Western Australia, 6007
- Melbourne: This group will be a more structured style with a focus on activities and group discussions centred around common themes and shared ideas about trichotillomania, and is another open group for all sufferers and carers to participate in a positive peer work-shopping environment. Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling... Family Members and Carers also welcome. Meets the Second Sunday each month. Venue: Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria, 292 Canterbury Rd, Surrey Hills Time: 11am-12.30pm approx Fee: gold coin donation. Dates 2015: Feb 8th, March 8th, April 12th, May 10th, June 14th, July 12th, August 9th, Sept 13, Oct 11th, Nov 8th & Dec 13th Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria 1300 269 438 or 03 9830 0533 www.arcvic.org.au email@example.com Office 03 9830 0566 Postal address: PO Box 367 Canterbury Vic 3126