Trichotillomania - Support Groups
Trichotillomania Support UK is the international organization for the support of people with trichotillomania. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to run or organise support groups, but we would love to hear from you if you know of any groups or services in your area. Please contact us and we will build up a resource on these pages of help available in the UK and beyond. We now have details of support groups running in Australia here.
There are 2 support groups in the UK that we are aware of, both run by the same people.
Edinburgh: Last Tuesday of Each Month, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Dance Base, 14-16 Grassmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2JU (meeting room).
*To attend this group, please contact Bridget:
Tel: Bridget 07840 011 224
London: Last Sunday of Each Month, 2pm-4pm
Fountain House, 130 Fenchurch Street, EC3M 5DJ
(walking distance from Bank, Liverpool Street or Monument tube stations)
*To attend this group, please contact Bridget & Pavitt:
Tel: Bridget 07840 011 224 or Pavitt 07946 850 814
How can we help?
We have a range of options available to help you or your loved one with their Trichotillomania or other BFRB.
- First and foremost, we're always here for you. Everyone at TSUK has overcome Trichotillomania and between us we have a wealth of experience, knowledge, compassion and understanding. You can contact us online, or you can call our UK helpline during normal office hours on 07910 114739.
- Join our supportive community - you can find us on Twitter, Facebook, and in our forums. (Please note, this Facebook group is open and so any posts to the page may show in your newsfeed - please contact us if you would prefer an invitation to our closed Facebook group)
- We have a treatment service available (we prefer the term "coaching"), utilising behavioural therapy and tailored to Trichotillomania, with a great success rate. There is a charge for this service, but all money received by TSUK goes to cover running costs and keeping us operational. Coaching is suitable for adults and children aged 3 and up. More information here
- We provide a buddy matching service. Complete our questionnaire and we will match you with a fellow trichster for mutual support. Just chat, exchange tips and advice, or vent your tears and frustration when things aren't going well - how much you share is down to you, but just having someone out there who truly understands what you're going through is such a powerful thing. You really are not alone.
- We have a wealth of information and resources on our website. Browse the main sections via the tabs at the top of each page (About, Help, Treat) then navigate each section using the left-hand menus. Take your time to look around, there's a lot to see! Including help for: ~ Scalp Pulling ~ Eyebrow & Eyelash Pulling ~ Male Trichsters ~ Help for Children ~ Hair Pulling in Pregnancy ~
- We produce a number of products that can help you to become pull-free. Hypnotherapy recordings, fiddle jewellery, barrier gloves, and many more. Please browse our store area.
- We can contact your doctor, school, or anyone else and provide them with information on your condition if they're having difficulty understanding it. You can also refer healthcare professionals to our information pages here.