Children With Trich - Childhood Hair or Eyelash Pulling
We put children first, meaning this is about you, not about your parents or anybody else.
Lots of children pull their hair or eyelashes, about 1 in 30 people do it. It's NOT your fault. Our pages are written by people who pulled their hair or eyelashes for years and are now pull-free.
Some things you can try that will help:
1. Be active - move around lots. Keep your hands busy!
2. Throw a foam ball around the room while watching TV.
3. Eat less sugar (sugar makes tric urges worse).
4. Make sure you get enough rest. Ask for help if you have trouble sleeping.
5. Draw the tric monster, paint it and maybe write a little about it too. This helps to see it as something outside of you, which can be defeated. We would love to see your pictures! Click contact us and we'll tell you where to send them. You might see them on the website!
6. Try our drawing game to let off some steam.
7. Get some exercise! Run up and down the garden as fast as you can. Or find someone to play a bat and ball game, or football with.
What would you like to see on this page? Please let us know as we want to provide you with a site created by children with trichotillomania FOR children with trichotillomania. We have a special section for teenagers.
Use our REWARDS shop and help us keep going.
We receive no government funding and would love to return calls to our helpline, but sadly cannot.